Long Island Specialists
Who Focus On Patient Needs
For as long as doctors have practiced medicine, patients have counted on both the doctor’s skill and the tools the physician uses for effective pain relief. Lately, especially in terms of spinal cord stimulation, there has been more focus on the latter than on the former. With so many new SCS options, like HF 10 and DRG stimulation, choosing the right path is not as easy as it used to be. That’s where the Medtronic Evolve workflow management system steps in.
The Evolve’s three core principles work in concert with many of the values we cling to at the Pain Institute of Long Island, making this workflow management system ideal for both our pain relief specialists and our patients. During their decades of combined experience, our doctors have had ample chances to see what works and what does not work, and in short, the Evolve workflow management system helps us exceed your expectations in terms of back pain release.
What is Evolve?
Throughout its history, Minneapolis-based Medtronic has consistently produced high-quality medical devices for patients in over 130 countries. But pain relief is more than just the latest devices, which is why the company has developed an end-to-end guideline that is designed to:
- Clarify patient expectations as to exactly what the procedure will and will not accomplish
- Streamline program administration by standardizing available treatment options
- Promote diligent patient followup to help ensure the best possible results
So, the Evolve workflow system optimizes the SCS device by managing the pre-screening trial, providing specialized guidance regarding implant procedures and lead placement, precise SCS device calibration, and comprehensive patient instruction.
Available Medtronic Devices
To support this system, Medtronic offers a wide array of products that are designed to provide the back pain relief which you have sought for so long.
- RestoreUltra™ SureScan MRI Neurostimulator: This wafer-thin device allows almost instant MRI access to almost any location in the body.
- RestoreSensor™ SureScan MRI Neurostimulator: This device precisely adjusts stimulation levels based on the patient’s unique needs in different positions, such as sitting vs. standing; it also seamlessly alters dosage patterns to conform with positional changes.
- RestoreAdvanced™ SureScan MRI Neurostimulator: This 16-electrode device has the longest lasting battery of any neurostimulator in its class, making it an ideal choice for active adults.
All these tiny devices are easy to place near the affected area, so they speed relief to patients dealing with.
The professionals at Medtronic and the staff at PIOLI have one goal in common: to see you live the life you once enjoyed before chronic back pain entered the picture.
The Evolve workflow system helps doctor and device work together to relieve discomfort in almost any patient, and it helps us put patient first while designing customized treatment programs that meet your holistic needs. To schedule your initial appointment and allow pain relief to begin, call 631-474-0707 or email us, today.